|In 1823-1824 in the Colonial Secretary's Papers there are a number of permits recorded for early settlers to pass cattle along Comleroy Road to farms in the Comleroy district in the Hunter Valley.
BOONHAM, James Per 'Anne', 1810
1823 Sep 10
Ticket of leave holder. Permitted to pass with cattle from Windsor to the farm of Benjamin Singleton at Conroy on Patrick's Plains; appears as Bownham (Reel 6011; 4/3509 p.225)
1824 Mar 24
Permitted to pass from Windsor to the farm of Benjamin Singleton at Comeroy on Patricks Plains (Reel 6012; 4/3510 p.567)
ONUS, Joseph Per 'Glatton', 1803
1823 Dec 1
Memorial for pass to take cattle to Comeroy (Fiche 3069; 4/1835A No.237 pp.457-9)
THORLEY, Philip Born in the Colony
1823 Oct 9
Thorley, Thomas Griffiths & Thomas Priest permitted to proceed from Windsor to his farm at Comeroy (Reel 6011; 4/3509 p.397)
1824 Feb 14
Isaac Lancaster & Thomas Priest permitted to pass from Windsor to Thorley's farm at Patrick's Plains (Reel 6012; 4/3510 p.333)
SINGLETON, Benjamin Came free per'Pitt', 1792; settler and miller
His father William was transported per 'Pitt', 1792, and Benjamin, his mother and brother Joseph came free on this ship; with brother James, who arrived later, he built water mills at Kurrajong; in 1817-18 he explored the route to the Hunter Valley and in 1821 received a grant at Patrick's Plains. The town of Singleton was built on part of his grant.
1823 Dec 1
Of Comeroy. Memorial of Joseph Onus to take cattle to Singleton (Fiche 3069; 4/1835A No.237 p.457)
Comleroy Road - The Facts • 'Comleroy Road' Settlement in the Hawkesbury • 'Comleroy' in the Hawkesbury? Not any more! • Benjamin Richards' Kamilaroi House • History of Comleroy Road • The Original Comleroy • Comleroi locality in the Hunter • Kurrajong Scarecrow Festival Displays • Les_Dollin Homepage • Contact Us
© 2005. comleroyroad.com . All Rights Reserved. A site on the original Comleroy.